Skin Renewal Tip
Unfortunately "Perfect skin" has not been handed out by nature - it has to be bought and this usually comes at a price. No matter how great your skin is at 25, the inevitable age spots, pigmentation marks, red blemishes and sagging will slowly leave their marks on one's face by the time one reaches 35. At Skin Renewal we have recognized this problem and have come up with a customized solution to make it more affordable for the average person by combining our signature laser treatment 3 D Skin Rejuvenation™ in an affordable package over a period of time.
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1What is a 3D Peel® peel?
- 2How are 3D Peel done?
- 3Who would benefit from exfoliation treatments with 3D Peel?
- 4What are the contra-indications 3D Peel?
- 5: How does 3D Peel work?
- 6When are the 3D Peel used?
- 7What are the typical areas that are treated with 3D Peel?
- 8What do you need to know before proceeding with 3D Peel?
- 9What preparation of the skin is needed prior to a 3D Peel procedure?
- 10Can 3D Peel be combined with other treatments?
- 11Is 3D Peel safe?
- 12Can all skin types be safely treated with 3D Peel?
3D Peel series is a 3 peel system for more advanced skin problems and medium depth chemical peels and is performed by a trained medical doctor. It is a novel chemical peeling system that allows the physician to address a wide range of common cosmetic skin conditions with great efficacy, safety and patient comfort. Using a range of synergistically functioning ingredients and penetration enhancers, 3D Peel ® can achieve similar results to far more aggressive and invasive peels in a more controlled, comfortable and well tolerated manner. Not only is patient comfort significantly improved over traditional; deeper peels, but patient satisfaction and clinical results are assured.
3D Peel is a deeper mid dermal peel for hormonal pigmentation (Melasma) that is resistant to treatment with normal superficial peels series and contains:
Lactic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Resorcinol, TCA and Vitamin A in the form of Retinoic Acid.
At Skin Renewal Medical Peels are done by medical doctors who have been specifically trained.
- 3D Peel is indicated for the treatment and improvement of the following cosmetic concerns
- Photo Ageing
- Actinic keratosis ( pre cancerous rough lesions)
- Solar elastosis
- Solar lentiges( age spots)
- Fine lines in the skin
- Melasma which is resistant to normal superficial epidermal peels
- Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation PIH which is the common blemish after acne has resolved
- Superficial acne scarring
- Allergy to salicylic acid
- Allergy to Resorcinol
- Open skin abrasions, or infections
- Pregnancy or breast feeding
- Thyroid problems
- Active Herpes Simplex
- Herpes simplex can be done under anti viral cover
- Keloid scarring
- Autoimmune disorders
- Recent sun or sun bed exposure
- Any treatment of Vitamin A based therapy or Roaccutaine in last 6 months
- Any peels or facials in last month
These treatments utilize a three stage peel consisting of:
Layer 1: Lactic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Resorcinol
Layer 2: TCA
Layer 3: Vitamin A in the form of Retinoic Acid
- Only on Fitzpatrick types 1-4 (not on dark skin types)
- Treatment of photo- aging
- Excellent for pigmentation when other peels have failed to lift pigment as the pigment has leached into the dermis
- Actinic keratosis (pre-cancerous lesions)
- Solar lentigenes (brown spots)
- Melasma (hormonal pigmentation) lying in the dermis
- Post inflammatory hyper pigmentation (blemishes after acne has resolved)
- Superficial acne scarring and fine wrinkling
Virtually any area on the body can be treated and includes skin rejuvenation of the Face, Neck, Décolleté, Arms and Hands.
- 3D Peel peel has 5-7 days downtime with a few days off work
- Treatments can be repeated monthly if required until the desired effect is reached
After your initial consultation, you will be given a pigment inhibiting product which must be applied to the entire face daily for ten to 14 days before the peeling process can begin. This down regulates 6 enzyme pathways that produces melanin and will prevent the possibility of post inflammatory pigmentation PIH that can occur after any exfoliation procedure.
Properties and benefits of pigmentation inhibiting products:
- Groundbreaking peptide technology (Oligopeptide 34) for treating pigmentation and has recently added 3 new peptides to the program which offers excellent results in combating epidermal age spots and post inflammatory hyper- pigmentation (PIH).
- An added benefit is that the combination of peptides used in the range offers anti-ageing benefits to the skin as they stimulate collagen producing cells.
- These traditional products try combating age spots with disappointing results or worse - cause hypersensitive skin, which in turn aggravates the pigmentation
3D Peels are mid dermal peels and are not combined with other treatments unless 6 weeks of recovery and healing has taken place.
As an aesthetic clinic we offer anti ageing treatments and problem specific laser and light treatments as an addition to our 3D Peel to ensure amazing results. For maximal benefit, 1 to 2 in-office professional 3D Peel every 4-6 weeks should be performed to keep the skin continuously rejuvenated and to remove difficult to treat dermal melasma. If you feel that your skin requires more intensive treatments please schedule an appointment with the aesthetic doctor to determine which medical aesthetic treatment should be prescribed.
3D Peel ® peels can be performed 4 weeks after injectable fillers and Botox ®. There are numerous treatments that can be combined with 3D Peel but a period of waiting ( 4 to 6 weeks) is recommended before proceeding with other anti ageing combination treatments such as 3 D Skin Rejuvenation™, Carboxytherapy, Skin Tightening treatments and laser and light treatments.
At Skin Renewal numerous 3D Peel ® peels have been administered to our patients with great results with minimal side effects. As there could be adverse post peel reactions, 3D Peel must be done by a medical doctor who is trained in handling post 3D Peel complications.
Possible reactions include:
- Excess dryness(Lamelle post barrier cream or Vaseline is recommended to protect dry areas)
- Acne breakout may occur which is usually sorted out by a week long course of oral antibiotics
- Herpes Simplex(cold sores) can be precipitated and this can be managed prophylactically with an anti viral
- Pruritis (itchy skin) is very rare but can be managed with oral anti histamines
- Hyperpigmentation is uncommon if the skin is pre treated with pigmentation inhibiting products.
Only skin types 1 to 4 can be safely treated with 3D Peel with minimal pain and approximately 7 days of downtime can be expected as this is a mid dermal peel.
This treatment has not yet been reviewed. To review this treatment click here