The Azelan peel is a quick, superficial peel, with minimal downtime, combining salicylic acid and Azelaic acid. It renews the skin by lifting dead cells off the surface of your skin and stimulating metabolism of the cells underneath. With a series of Azelan Peels you can quickly achieve substantial improvement in the appearance of acne and epidermal hyper-pigmentation, while making your skin look and feel softer, smoother, and more radiant. Acne scars and enlarged pores may become less noticeable, and acne breakouts may be reduced.
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1Who would benefit from exfoliation treatments with Azelan Peels?
- 2When should one start with Azelan Peels?
- 3What preparation of the skin is needed prior to an exfoliation procedure?
- 4What results can be expected after an Azelan peel?
- 5What to Expect After the Azelan Peel?
- 6Can all skin types be safely treated with an Azelan Peel?
This peel has been specifically designed for the treatment of Acne and epidermal hyperpigmentation (two conditions that normally present together). So ideally the following conditions are indicated for this peel:
- Individuals who have acne and epidermal hyper-pigmentation
- oily skin with enlarged pores and
- Acne scarring are also good candidates.
However all exfoliation treatments make your skin more sensitive to the sun thus a sunscreen of SPF# 30 should be used daily, and sun exposure avoided
This would be dependent completely on the patient’s needs and based on the doctor’s analysis of the patient’s needs. After a in depth consultation your attending Doctor will advise on a treatment plan, amount of required treatments and realistic results.
The patient will need to be prepared with a good home care regime. Hydration is vitally important. Since each patient’s needs are different, it would be best for the patient to come and see one of our doctors first to get the products best suited for their needs, which will then prepare them for the peel.
Within a week of having the peel, one will most certainly see a decrease in the inflammation on the skin. One will also see that the Acne lesions are less pronounced and beginning to dry out as the healing process will be underway. The patient may also experience the following benefits:
- Improvement in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Skin tone evens out
- Texture becomes more refined
- Oily or acne prone skin is improved
- Enlarged pores appear smaller
- Superficial scars appear reduced
- Skin appears healthier and more youthful
- Pigmentation is reduced in all skin types
Immediately after the peel, the skin will appear quite pink and in some cases, the skin may feel “itchy”. Within about 3 days, you will start to flake for about 5 days (in some cases there is almost no visible flaking or peeling with the Azelan Peel). This peel may be repeated every two weeks over a twelve week period for optimum results.
The Azelan peel is excellent for all skin types. We do however take extra precautions when treating skin types 5 and 6 due to the sensitive nature of these skin types. This peels smoothes and rejuvenates skin, producing beautiful results in treating mild to severe acne, and epidermal hyperpigmentation. (Peeling the face, neck, back and upper chest is also quite effective.)
This treatment has not yet been reviewed. To review this treatment click here