Frequently Asked Questions
- 1Is Carboxytherapy for Carboxytherapy for sexual rejuvenation, or Erectile Dysfunction available at all Body Renewal branches?
- 2What causes sexual dysfunction, or erectile dysfunction(ED) in men?
- 3How does Carboxytherapy for Sexual Rejuvenation/ Erectile Dysfunction work?
- 4Is a consultation with a doctor necessary for Sexual Rejuvenation/ Erectile Dysfunction?
- 5What can one expect during a treatment with Carboxytherapy for sexual rejuvenation/ Rejuvenation/ Erectile Dysfunction / ED?
- 6What results can one expect?
- 7How any treatments are necessary?
- 8Who are the treatments performed by?
- 9Are maintenance treatments necessary?
- 10What is the cost of each treatment?
- 11Is Carboxytherapy safe?
Yes, sexual rejuvenation for men is available in Johannesburg at the Morningside, Parkhurst, Bedfordview,Fourways and Illovo clinics. In Pretoria at Irene and Brooklyn as well as in the Western Cape at Cape Quarter, Claremont, Constantia, Somerset West, Stellenbosch and Willowbridge branches and KwaZulu Natal in Hillcrest and Umhlanga.
One of the main causes of sexual dysfunction in men is obesity which affects insulin sensitivity and can eventually lead to Non Insulin dependent diabetes. Raised sugar levels together with hypertension and high cholesterol levels contribute to erectile dysfunction, high cholesterol and late onset diabetes are the most common causes of arteriosclerosis which is responsible for poor blood supply to the inguinal area causing erectile dysfunction. This can result in atrophy or degradation of the tissues around the perineum/ pelvic area as well as a loss of function, tissue turgor, sensation and the response to stimulus.
If there are fertility problems present Prelox by Lamelle is an excellent supplement for men, that can be recommended by your Doctor. This product, when taken two capsules daily, has significant effect on overall sperm health which can be seen one month after starting use. Data shows it assist to Increase Semen volume; Spermatozoa concentration; Percentage of motile spermatozoa; Percentage of spermatozoa with normal morphology.
Carboxytherapy uses 4 micro injections of carbon dioxide in the area to stimulate the tissues to grow new capillaries. This replenishes the blood supply, improves circulation to the area and thereby restores the function of the tissues and increases the amount of tissue in the treatment area. The effects of each treatment are accumulative.
A medical consultation with one of the Body Renewal medical doctors is mandatory to ensure a complete medical evaluation before any treatment is started. In addition certain blood tests may be ordered to exclude medical conditions. For certain conditions, prescription medications may need to be combined with Carboxytherapy. If indicated, the patient may be referred to a specialist for further evaluation.
Treatments are tolerated well and treatment time can take anything from 15 - 40 minutes depending on how well the tissue responds to each injection (sometimes the Doctor may need to wait between injections before proceeding). The effects of each treatment are accumulative.
The following conditions may be improved with Carboxy treatments:
- improved cosmetic appearance as tissues regain plumpness
- improved functionality i.e. tissue turgor
- improved sensation of the area
- improved strength
- improved size
- improved orgasm and libido.
Six to ten weekly treatments are required and then maintenance of once a month is recommended to maintain results.
This highly sensitive procedure is performed by one of the trained doctors at Body Renewal.
Once the patient is satisfied with the result (usually after 6 to 10 treatments) a maintenance treatment once every 4 to 6 weeks is recommended to maintain results.
The cost of Carboxytherapy is from R750 per treatment.
Carboxytherapy started in France and has been widely used for over 70 years with no major side effects. Its aesthetic use is now common in places such as Europe and is now gaining popularity in South Africa. Skin Renewal is a leading provider of Carboxytherapy in South Africa. Skin Renewal offers well-priced, safe Carboxytherapy treatments administered by qualified and highly trained doctors.