Frequently Asked Questions
- 1What is Detoxification?
- 2What are the symptoms of Toxicity?
- 3How do you know whether or not you are harboring toxins in your body?
- 4If toxins are everywhere, what makes a person at risk for high levels of toxicity?
- 5What are the Causes of Toxicity?
- 6What conventional treatments are there for Toxicity?
- 7What is Body & Health Renewal's plan to improve toxicity?
- 8How does one Begin one's Journey to Wellness with Body Renewal?
- 9What important criteria does the clinic administering the infusions have to have?
- 10What latest article from Medscape explains what can happen when clinics offering IV infusions use a non sterile lab to manufacture their INTRAVENOUS / injectable vitamins, minerals and anti oxidants?
In a world full of fast food, highly preserved snacks, chemically laden moisturizers and cleansers, and polluted air it is no wonder that our bodies become bogged down with a range of toxins. These toxins sit in our systems, reducing our overall health and quality of life. Many conditions are worsened by the presence of toxins in our bodies. In order to heal, it is essential to cleanse ourselves, allowing our bodies to fight disease naturally. To do this, many people turn to detoxification, Anti Oxidation or Organ Cleansing.
Symptoms typical of toxins include:
- lack of energy
- excess weight
- skin conditions like acne
- food sensitivities or increased allergic reactions
- aching muscles and joints
- poor memory or concentration
- moodiness or mood swings
- a general sense of not feeling healthy.
As your body becomes clogged with toxins the number of symptoms you experience will increase, leaving you feeling miserable and unready to meet the day.
Since toxins are an unavoidable part of modern life, you can be sure that you have toxins in you right now. Toxins affect our bodies in a variety of ways. Since many of the symptoms of toxicity are mild or irritating, they may be dismissed as due to an "off" day. But toxic symptoms persist, making us feel drained and generally unwell.
Well, sad to say, everyone is at risk. The very nature of our modern society makes it impossible to fully avoid them. Even so, there are some lifestyle choices that increase your risk of building up bodily toxins.
- Eating fast food is one quick way, as is choosing highly processed foods from the grocery store.
- Living in the city exposes you to numerous environmental toxins that you might avoid if you lived in the country
- If you take medications or recreational drugs you are exposing your internal organs to a range of toxins that they may not be able to handle.
Ever since the industrial revolution our society has been overwhelmed with exposure to toxins. Over time the body becomes overloaded with toxins and the body’s natural cleaning organs can no longer keep up. This decreases their efficiency, causing the failure of other organ systems and making us unwell.
A study performed in 2003 by The Environmental Working Group and the Mt. Sinai School of Medicine tested nine people for the levels of toxins in their bodies. Out of the 210 toxins for which they tested, the test patients were positive for an average of 91. Of these toxins 76 were known carcinogens. None of these individuals worked with chemicals or were at high risk for encountering toxins.
Toxins can be introduced to our bodies both externally and internally in the following manner:
- We inhale toxins from cigarettes, air pollution, mold spores from sick buildings and from many other sources around us.
- We ingest toxins in our food, in our water, and in recreational and prescription drugs. We inject toxins through vaccinations, and cosmetic changes such as piercing and tattoos.
- We absorb toxins from the clothes we wear, from spray-on pesticides and herbicides and from paints and glues.
- We expose ourselves to irradiation from medical x-rays, the residual radiation from power plants and lines, cell phones and other radio-wave technology, and even from our microwave ovens.
- In addition some toxins are internally formed, such as that from improperly digested food, from dehydration and poor nutrition, and even from toxic thought patterns and self-abusive emotional cycles.
Many traditional physicians do not take the build-up of toxins seriously. Instead of offering a detoxification plan, they offer medication to manage the symptoms of toxicity. While these medications may have short-term benefits, they do not deal with the underlying cause: the toxins harbored in your body.
By allowing the toxins to build up-you could become a victim of a more serious health condition such as cancer. The organs in charge of cleansing the body, such as the liver, kidneys, and bowels, stop functioning properly, leaving physicians with no choice but to resort to high-risk medical interventions such as dialysis or transplants.
In order to restore your health it is essential to treat the problem before it becomes something more serious. Masking the symptoms through pain medications and other "band-aid" solutions only serves to make the situation worse.
To properly treat your body for toxicity, you must first assess your current state of health. This involves an evaluation of your physical health, your nutritional habits, and your general lifestyle. From this you can build a long-term detoxification plan that will help you regain your health, without compromising your body the way a poorly planned "crash" detoxification can.
Detoxification is more than a one-time affair. It is a lifestyle change which allows your body to clear out the current toxins and prevent the build-up of additional ones. You may need to change your eating habits and adjust your lifestyle so that you exercise regularly and take better care of yourself.
Other treatments you may require include:
- massage or acupuncture therapies
- herbal supplementation of your diet
- vitamin and mineral supplementation
- lymphatic drainage
- general lifestyle changes
Detoxification is an ongoing process, which requires a full commitment for it to work. It may not be easy at first, but in the long run you will find that you feel more energetic, can think more clearly, may lose excess weight, and will generally feel healthier on a day-to-day basis.
By consulting with an experienced integrative doctor, you can assess your current state of health and put together a detoxification plan that will give you a new lease on life.
The objective of detoxification is to remove toxic metals from the body and restore proper functioning of the autonomic nervous system and the organs affected by it. Detoxification is done in phases over time to protect the body and allow rest and healing. A multiple strategy approach is used depending on the patient's needs and desires which may include:
- Safe mercury removal
- Oral chelation/ IV infusion
- Nutritional supplementation
- Rejuvenation and detoxification therapies
- Organ rehabilitation and/or support
The body's weakest area is most likely to develop the problem first. Because the mercury toxins can travel either by way of the blood stream or by nerve pathways, one person may develop bleeding gums and bowel problems and another severe asthma or bronchitis. A third person may experience concentration difficulties, sleep disturbances, hearing loss, and dizziness, and still others will have extreme fatigue, lack of initiative, and clumsiness. Mercury can interfere with virtually any process of any organ of the body. Removal of mercury must be done by a caring professional who will take all precautions to protect you from further exposure.
Nourishment to the body is provided through high-grade nutritional supplements, herbs, and IV therapy, while therapeutic massage is given, all to calm and nourish the body while the detox is slowly taking place.
If you would like to learn more about IV therapy and our selection of Infusions read see out page About IV Infusions.
At Body & Health Renewal our IV Solutions are:
- Made in a STERILE and registered lab
- Not contaminated with unwanted "floaters", and
- Do NOT cause any unwanted side effects
- All infusions are done by our registered nurses or doctors
- An ACLS certified Doctor is always present in the clinic when infusions are being done
- Our infusion doctors all have ACLS certification (acute cardiac life support certification) and are well prepared should any unwanted effects occur.
- A doctor or an experienced registered nurse perform the infusions
- Our registered nurses all have BLS (Basic Life Support) training.
- We have emergency equipment such as AED, emergency drugs etc present in the infusion ward
- Strict adherence to sterile protocols are adhered to.
Using non sterile labs for injections and infusions:
"Two pharmacists at the notorious New England Compounding Center have been charged with second-degree murder in the deaths of 25 individuals who received non-sterile steroid pain injections in 2012 and 2013, according to a criminal indictment unsealed today in a federal district court in Boston, Massachusetts.
The pain medicine in question — preservative-free methylprednisolone acetate — harbored fungal meningitis.
The two pharmacists, New England Compounding Center co-owner Barry Cadden and supervisory pharmacist Glenn Chin, along with 12 others named in the 131-count indictment, "knew they were producing their medications in an unsafe manner and in unsanitary conditions, and authorized it to be shipped out anyway, with fatal results," said US Attorney General Eric Holder in a news release.
All told, 751 patients in 20 states were infected with fungal meningitis after receiving methylprednisolone acetate shots produced by the now-defunct compounding pharmacy in Framingham, Massachusetts, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Sixty-four of those patients died. In response, the US Food and Drug Administration has conducted more than 175 inspections of compounding facilities during the last 2 years to prevent similar outbreaks.
The 14 defendants in the federal case, who include a total of 8 pharmacists and two pharmacy technicians, are accused of introducing misbranded drugs into interstate commerce and other crimes, in addition to the murder charges facing Cadden and Chin.
The second-degree murder charges are framed as racketeering acts, according to the Department of Justice. Prosecutors generally do not need to prove that someone charged with second-degree murder specifically intended to kill someone, only that he or she acted with extreme indifference to human life, the Department of Justice stated.
The indictment holds Cadden, Chin, and others responsible for, among other things:
- Using expired and expiring ingredients to compound the steroid injections and falsifying expiration dates on documents;
- Autoclaving drugs for less than the 20 minutes needed for sterilization;
- Failing to properly test drugs for sterility;
- Failing to recall tainted drugs when microbial growth was later detected;
- Falsifying drug labels to conceal how expired or untested drug solution lots were mixed with other lots, and
- Failing to properly clean and disinfect the "clean rooms" where the steroid injections were manufactured. Cleaning logs were falsified to state otherwise, said prosecutors.
Cadden and several other defendants also are charged with pretending to dispense drugs on the basis of patient-specific prescriptions — what Massachusetts law requires of a pharmacy — when they actually were functioning as a drug manufacturer, distributing their product in bulk to customers. Fake prescriptions often bore the names of celebrities and fictional characters, such as Chris Rock, Wonder Woman, Bill Clinton, Harry Potter, and Jennifer Lopez.
If convicted on all counts, Cadden and Chin could be sentenced to life in prison, according to the Department of Justice. Stephen Weymouth, an attorney for Chin, said his client will plead not guilty.
"I am shocked almost beyond words that they brought back an indictment against him...that includes second-degree murder," Weymouth told Medscape Medical News. "It's just overreach on the part of the government. We fully intend to defend this case."
Bruce Singal, Cadden's attorney, said in a statement issued to Medscape Medical News that the fungal meningitis outbreak caused by the New England Compounding Center drugs was a "terrible human tragedy." However, "not every accident, and not every tragedy, are caused by criminal conduct."
"The US Attorney's Office should not indict people over the tragic consequences of noncriminal behavior," said Singal. "And it should not wage a public relations campaign to vilify citizens who have been found guilty of nothing.""
This treatment has not yet been reviewed. To review this treatment click here