Frequently Asked Questions
- 1What is a Jessner’s Peel?
- 2Who would benefit from exfoliation treatments with Jessner’s Peels?
- 3What preparation of the skin is needed prior to an exfoliation procedure?
- 4What results can be expected after a Jessner’s peel?
- 5What to Expect after the Jessner’s Peel?
- 6Can all skin types be safely treated with a Jessner’s Peel?
A Jessner's Peel is a medium depth peel, which combines resorcinol, lactic acid, and salicylic acid to result in deeper penetration and greater exfoliation of the outer layers of skin cells.
The Jessner’s peel is very beneficial for patients with acne and oily or thicker skin; because it tends to decrease oil production and open clogged sebaceous follicles. It also contributes to the healing process of acne.
The patient needs to be prepared with a good home care regime. Hydration is vitally important. Since each patient’s needs are different, it would be best for the patient to come and see one of our doctors first to get the products best suited for their needs, which will then prepare them for the peel.
Within a week of having the peel, a smoother, healthier layer of skin will be seen.
The treated area will peel and flake for about 7 days and turn pink or brown afterwards. This deeper exfoliation produces noticeable flaking and exfoliation in the following three to four days after the peel and within a week (to ten days) a smoother, healthier layer of skin will be noticeable.
The Jessner’s peel is excellent for all skin types. It smooths and rejuvenates skin, producing beautiful results in treating:
- Mild to severe acne
- Moderate wrinkling,
- and sun damage (peeling the face, neck, hands, and upper chest is also quite effective).
This treatment has not yet been reviewed. To review this treatment click here