Pear Body Shape
|Pear Body Shape|
|Body Shaping treatments for the Pear shape|
|Exercise and Diet|
|Clothing to wear for Pear Shapes|
What is a Pear shaped Body Type?
Pear -also known as Spoon or Bell or Triangle Upward) consists of a waist which is at least 75% of the chest, and the hips is at least 110% of the chest. You are smaller on top, and larger on the bottom. Women who have heavy bottoms and small busts are said to have pear-shaped bodies. Most have a slim torso and rib cage and their waist may be smaller in proportion to their hips. They also have a fuller bottom and legs.
Signs that you are a Pear Shaped Body Type
- Large hips and thighs
- Smaller upper body. Your bust and shoulders are proportionally narrower than your hip-line
- You have a well-defined waist
- A waist to hip ratio of less than 0.8 makes you a pear shape
- You tend to carry extra weight in the hips and thighs while maintaining a smaller waist, arms, shoulders, and chest.
- When you gain weight, it tends to show up around your thighs and hips and then on your arms and breasts,
- You may have thick calves and puffy knees. Water retention is one of the most obvious reason for puffy knees,
- Pear shape is a very common body type.
Health Risks linked to the Pear shape body type :
Pear-shaped women don't face the same health risks as the Apple shape, but their fat is more stubborn. It's been scientifically shown that fat in the central-body area, the upper body, chest, thorax and so on, is mobilized much more readily than fat in the gluteal and femoral areas. That is, the fat in the hip/thigh/buttock region is more resistant to mobilization--it likes to stay put. Thus, Pears are at a disadvantage from the beginning. Pear-Women who add pounds around their hips, butt and thighs – are more susceptible to problems like
- varicose veins,
- eating disorders.
- Mechanical problems: The pear-shaped overweight persons are at greater risk of mechanical problems, as most of their body fat is distributed around their hips, thighs and bottom.
- Body-fat distribution tends to occur around both upper and lower body areas.
Celebrities known to have a pear body shape are:
Beyoncé, Jennifer Love-Hewitt, Coleen McLoughlin, Shakira, Jennifer Lopez