Developed in Sweden, Restylane was only recently approved by U.S. authorities for use as a wrinkle treatment. Although more and more individuals in the U.S. have only now begun to discover this revolutionary new wrinkle treatment, it has been available on the world market since 1996, and since then, an estimated one million persons in over 60 countries have been treated successfully using Restylane. Undoubtedly, faces change with time and with age, and Restylane is an exceptionally effective and natural beauty lift that is made from the body's own material.
What is Restylane ?
Restylane® is the leading brand of dermal filler within its category in the global beauty market. The first product, Restylane®, was approved for sales in 1996. Today the product family consists of seven products, all adapted to different facial treatments. More than 10 million treatments have been successfully carried out in more than 70 countries.
How does Restylane work?
Restylane® is a range of products for facial beauty treatments. Restylane efficiently reduces lines, folds and wrinkles, creates fuller lips, contours and creates volume and improves skin structure. What can Restylane do to enhance your looks ?Small changes to your face and skin can have a great effect on how you look - and how you feel. Restylane is one of the safest ways to enhance your looks. With over 10 million treatments worldwide and an extensive clinical documentation, Restylane is scientifically proven to give instant results and have a long-lasting effect as a natural beauty treatment
The Restylane group of dermal fillers are designed to:
• smooth away wrinkles,
• create fuller lips and overall restore the youthful 3-dimensional contour of the face.
• enhance facial contours,
• rejuvenate skin on the face, neck, décolleté and hands. face
• volume restoration can elevate cheeks and jowls and give a non surgical face lift.
What are the dermal fillers made from?Restylane is a crystal clear gel that is injected into the skin (or for some treatments just under) in small amounts to restore volume and structure. It is based on hyaluronic acid, similar to the body’s own hyaluronic acid. The hyaluronic acid in Restylane is non-animal which means that no skin tests are needed and that there is a minimal risk of allergic or hypersensitive reactions. All the products in the Restylane family have been developed using Q-Med’s patented NASHA™ technology. The unique process that is applied in the production of Restylane gives the product a great capacity for creating volume, a long residence time in the skin and natural results. Restylane has been shown to have a clinically proven effect and clinically proven safety in a large number of scientific studies.
What are the benefits of Restylane beauty treatment?The results of a treatment with Restylane are long-lasting, without being permanent, giving you the freedom of choice to maintain the effect. A treatment with Restylane will generally last 6-12 months, and with only one re-treatment the effect has in a recent clinical study been shown to last up to 18 months. To maintain the results in the lips, a re-treatment is usually needed within 6 months.
The effect and safety of Restylane beauty products have also been proven in numerous clinical studies.
What are the different Restylane products ?
There are many Restylane category of fillers depending on the area to be treated or enhanced :
The different Restylane fillers are:
• Restylane or Perlane, Restylane Lipp, Sub Q, Restylane Vital or Restylane Lite
The choice of Restylane filler depends on the typical area to be treated.
• marionette lines (lines from the corners of the mouth to the jawline, accentuating the downturn of the mouth) and treated with Restylane or Perlane
• the nasolabial folds (lines from the end of the nose to the end of the lips)are usually treated with Restylane or Perlane
• “tear-trough deformity” (hollow under-eye circles) and brow-lift treated with Restylane or Perlane,
• hollow cheeks, cheek-lifting and jawline rejuvenation treated with Perlane or Sub Q,
• resculpting the jaw line by lessening the effect of jowls and sagging treated with Perlane or Sub Q
• wrinkles of the cheeks and around the mouth is treated with Restylane Vital or Restylane Lite
• Lip augmentation which provides definition without looking overdone to lips which have become thin and wrinkled. is treated with Restylane Lipp
• perioral area (wrinkles around the lips) is treated with Restylane Lipp
• ageing hands, décolleté and smokers lines Restylane Vital or Restylane Lite
• Other areas include filling in acne scars, treated with Restylane or Restylane Vital or Restylane Lite
Artistically performed injectable fillers can improve your appearance within one week.
Can dermal fillers be combined with other treatments?
At Body Renewal Restylane dermal fillers are commonly performed at the same visit as Botox ®. This is known as the he Liquid Facelift. Botox ® helps with the upper one-third of the face whereas injectable fillers generally help with the lower two-thirds. The combination is one of the most widely used and most effective methods of achieving a significant aesthetic improvement within 1-2 weeks time and can be used on all skin types.
Q-Med’s new concept for hydro balance - Restylane Vital™ and Restylane Vital™ Light – was launched during 2008. The products are used to improve and rejuvenate the quality of the skin, by vitalizing and giving lustre.
Are Restylane Dermal Filler Treatments with Botox available at all Body Renewal branches ?
Restylane is available in Johannesburg, Sandton, Pretoria and Cape Town at the Rivonia, Parkhurst, Sandton, Fourways, Irene, Cape Quarter, Claremont and Willowbridge branches