Both men and women are bothered by the appearance of body and facial spider veins.
Spider veins are small unsightly red or purple vessels on the surface of the thighs or calves. They are often red or blue and are closer to the surface of the skin than varicose veins. They can look like tree branches or spider webs with their short jagged lines. They can cover either a very small or very large area of skin.
The causes of spider and varicose veins include heredity, pregnancy, obesity, increasing age, exposure to the sun and standing for long periods of time. Women tend to be affected by spider veins 2-4 times more commonly than men do, due to the fact that female hormones and pregnancies are so commonly implicated in their cause. Pooled blood enlarges the vein and it becomes varicose. Spider veins can also be caused by venous insufficiency and the backup of blood.
At Body Renewal a highly professional team led by a medical doctor assesses every patient and an appropriate combination treatment together with long term maintenance program is recommended. We plan our treatments carefully to ensure the best cosmetic outcome. For maximum results please ensure that the clinic you choose for vein removal uses a Class 4 medical laser.
Horse chestnut oil found in numerous topical therapies including Patricia Clarke gel has the same effect as compression stockings when applied topically to the affected area.
In Office therapies:
- Since the advent of lasers, the CoolGlide Excel (Nd:YAG)has been used for the treatment of unwanted small and large veins up to 4 mm in thickness and a few treatments may be require to achieve an acceptable level of improvement.
- In addition, venous insufficiency , varicosities and superficial spider veins can be drastically improved with a series of 4 to 6 Carboxytherapy treatments by increasing the venous and lymphatic circulation
- Sclerotherapy using a sclerosant such as fibrovein successfully treats spider veins and larger veins. Compression stockings should be worn for 2 to 3 weeks after a Sclerotherapy vein treatment to ensure optimal results
- Walking after an injection procedure promotes blood flow in the deep vein system.
We can offer you two laser treatment modalities for vein removal at Body Renewal:
- a laser treatment the CoolGlide Excel (ND YAG Laser) or
- The light based treatment the Acutip 500™ used to permanently reduce spider veins anywhere on the face or body.
A highly professional team lead by a doctor assesses every patient and an appropriate combination treatment together with long term maintenance program is recommended. At Body Renewal we plan our treatments carefully to ensure the best cosmetic outcome. For maximum results please ensure that the clinic you choose for vein removal uses a Class 4 medical laser
Body Renewal Tip:
Before any vein removal procedure is attempted (spider vein and varicose vein) it is recommended that 3 to 6 Carboxytherapy treatments are done to ensure improved vascular circulation and lymph drainage.
ReviewsSee all reviews
Die ondervinding me skleroterapie behandeling was regtig n goeie ervaring. Hulle was tegemoedkomend omdat ons ver bly. Die behandeling is goed hanteer, met vooraf verduideliking, en die vrae word ook profesioneel beantwoord.
Ek sal dit aanbeveel vir die wat dit nodig het.