Frequently Asked Questions
- 1Where is Sunless Spray Tan available?
- 2How does the sunless tanning work?
- 3How long does a spray tan treatment take?
- 4Advantages of That's So Sun Make-up Spray Tan:
- 5What you should do before the treatment to prepare your skin:
- 6What you should do on the day of your application of the Sunless Tan:
- 7What should I do after the treatment:
- 8Is That's So Sun Makeup safe for all skin types?
- 9Is it necessary to hydrate the skin before using That'so Sun Makeup?
- 10After the application spray, how much time does it take before one sees the results of the That'so Sun Makeup tanning?
- 11How much time does a That'so Sun Makeup tanning last?
- 12What is the frequency of treatments suggested to maintain tanning?
- 13Does That'so Sun Makeup spot the clothes?
- 14What effect does That'so Sun Makeup have on the nails, enamels and on acrylic-reconstructions?
- 15Does That'so Sun Makeup make spots or discolor the hairs?
- 16I have very dry elbows, kneecaps, ankles. Can I spray these areas?
- 17I have sensitive skin, can I be spray tanned?
- 18During my shower, I noticed some colour washing away?
- 19I have tan lines; can we get rid of the lines?
- 20I have sweat problems, how do I avoid uneven sweat lines?
- 21When is the best time to get a spray tan applied?
- 22How long after being sprayed can I exercise?
Sunless Spray Tan is only available in Cape Town at Cape Quarter - by Chantel Dickerson, who has had over 8 years experience working with sunless spray tans, Chantel has come across many sunless tanning products and spray tanning solutions. She finally sourced a quality sunless product and high-tech tanning equipment -That's So Sun Make-up, which is especially shipped in from Italy, in which she has absolute confidence in giving you a flawless tan every time.
The Professional spray tanning machine uses exclusive MicroCore Technology, a patented electrostatic system which attracts the atomized solution directly to the skin for a complete even and natural application without streaking. It is the first paraben free beauty sunless lotion in the market!
A high tech spray device is used by a certified sunless specialist to deliver a perfectly even natural glow within 20mins.
The tanning solution used is developed by Quadra Group leaders in aesthetics and tanning industry therefore guaranteeing only the highest quality ingredients to provide you with a perfectly golden tan with no Orange/Yellow tinge. No Chemicals. No Drying agents. No Sticky Residue. No Foul smell.
Containing 3 main active ingredients:
- DHA – which develops the golden colour on the skin
- Aloe - ensures long term hydration
- Matrixyl – active anti-aging ingredient
- The safer alternative to sun bathing and sun beds - because it’s UV free! You can achieve a golden look without the risk of skin cancers, sun damage or premature aging.
- Moisturise your skin everyday for a week before your tan
- The night before your tan, exfoliate and moisturise, paying particular attention to dry areas such as elbows, knees and ankles.
- Wax / shave at least 24 hours before your tan to allow pores time to close, otherwise a dotting effect may occur.
- We advise you to remove contact lenses before the tan as they may become stained and contaminated.
- Remove make-up, deodorant and perfumes BEFORE your tan as they act as a barrier
- Make sure your skin is clean and dry
- DO NOT moisturise, use skin lotions or oil on the day of your tan.
- Your body temperature is cool – make sure you exercise 3hours before the tan
- Application will depend on your natural skin tone a light application for lighter skin tones and a heavier application for darker skin tones.
- Wear dark, loose clothing for after your spray, avoid wearing a bra or any tight clothing or underwear - may cause wear marks.
- Wear flip-flops or loose fitting shoes.
- Do not shower or bathe for at least 8 hours (the development period).
- Try not to touch your skin during development time as your palms will stain.
- After showering / bathing, pat dry only.
- Moisturise, moisturise, moisturise. This will help maintain your tan for longer.
- After 6 days, start to lightly exfoliate to ensure an even fade.
- Long exposure to water and sweating from exercise will fade your spray tan.
Yes, but please note: for people with sensitive skin or allergies your Technician can test a patch on the inside of the elbow or behind the knee with our tan solution.
A hydrating lotion should be used regularly in order to keep the skin hydrated and soft. Daily skin care will contribute to the beauty of the tan, prolonging the results. However, the hydrating lotion CANNOT be put on the face or the body just prior to the spray treatment (from 2 hours before to 4 hours after), as it may have an influence on the penetration of the product on the skin, or cause possible spots and streaks.
If the lotion used in the TS 765 A Autospray or in the TS 44 MT Spray Gun sprayer is enriched with bronzer, the outcome will be immediate. The color generated by the bronzer will only remain visible until the first shower. The colors of the self-tanning agents, instead, will start to develop from 2 to 4 hours after the application, becoming more intense in the 6 hours that will follow.
For this reason, avoid water sports, intense activities that cause sweating, showers and aesthetic treatments in the course of the 6 hours that follow the treatment, so that the substances sprayed adhere perfectly to the skin, providing an intense and homogenous tan.
The tanning created by That´so Sun Makeup products is a treatment that reacts with the most superficial layer of the skin, which is naturally subject to exfoliation.
The duration of the tanning is related to the life cycle of the superficial layers of the epidermis which is approximately 4 days. The skin’s condition, life style, the kind of clothes worn and the skin type are individual factors that affect the tanning duration, which is guaranteed for a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 9 days.
The That'so Sun Makeup tanning has no contraindications. Therefore, it may be utilised according to the need of the user in order to reach the desired color, to darken or to maintain the desired color. For a better absorption of the cosmetic onto the skin, it is advised to wait at least for 6 hours between one application and another.
The DHA reacts with the skin protein, not with fabrics. Therefore, they do not stain the clothes. Instead, the bronzer is a cosmetic colouring substance that can stain the clothes.
Therefore, when the products with bronzer is applied, the client should wear dark clothes and should take a shower before going to bed in order to avoid spots on bedding. For any clothing, bed sheets, or fabrics that have been spotted with the bronzer, it will suffice to wash them with a neutral soap in order to eliminate any trace of color.
Many solutions may stain the nails and other body areas. Hence it is suggested to use a barrier cream in order to protect the areas subject to spots.
With the That´so Sun Makeup solution it is not necessary to use a barrier cream because it does not stain. After the session, it will be enough to remove the solution on the nails, on the palms and under the feet using a wet cloth.
The That’so Sun Makeup solution does not penetrate the hair follicle. Therefore it neither stains nor does it colour the hair follicle. It is important to wear a hairband to keep hair off face.
Because dry skin attracts the spray , it tends to be darker and looks fake. To avoid this make sure you take particular attention to moisterising these areas every day a week before. Our pre-tan will also help minimise the appearance and negative effect of dry skin.
If you have eczema, psoriasis or dermatitis its best to patch test your skin before doing a spray tan. Our products are 100% natural and there are no chemicals in the solution for your skin to react.
This is normal. The excess colour washing away is the tint that allows us to see where you are being sprayed.
We can minimize these lines, but it will take 2-3 sprays over the whiter area compared to the tanned area. Blending the tan lines will depend on the amount of visibility of the tans lines.
Apply talcum powder to all possible areas that are likely to sweat. Make sure you apply the talcum powder when the body is dry. Consider receiving the spray at the coolest time of the day.
If you have a special occasion it is advisable to be sprayed one or two days before. This allows the spray tan to be fully activated and settled and allows for any excess tan that may be left on the skin is removed before your big event.
It is best to wait after your first shower before you exercise. Sweat acts as a barrier and stops the tan from developing in areas you are sweating.