Both men and women are bothered by the appearance of body and facial spider veins and varicose veins.
Body Renewal Tip:
Before any vein removal procedure is attempted, it is recommended that 3 to 6 Carboxytherapy treatments are done to ensure improved vascular circulation and lymph drainage. Compression stockings should be worn for 2 to 3 weeks after a Sclerotherapy vein treatment to ensure optimal results. Walking after an injection procedure promotes blood flow in the deep vein system.
Spider veins are small unsightly red or purple vessels on the surface of the thighs or calves. They are often red or blue and are closer to the surface of the skin than varicose veins. They can look like tree branches or spider webs with their short jagged lines. Spider veins can also be found on the face. They can cover either a very small or very large area of skin.
The causes of spider and varicose veins on the body include venous insufficiency, heredity factors, pregnancy, obesity, increasing age, exposure to the sun and standing for long periods of time. Women tend to be affected by spider veins 4 times more commonly than men do, due to the fact that female hormones and pregnancies are so commonly implicated in their cause. Venous insufficiency results in pooled blood which enlarges the vein which then becomes varicose. Spider veins can also be caused by venous insufficiency and the backup of blood.
Home therapies: Horse chestnut oil found in numerous topical therapies including Patricia Clarke gel and Dr Duve gel has the same effect as compression stockings when applied topically to the affected area.
In Office therapies: In the past, Cauterisation by means of electrolysis has been used to treat these veins but this modality often resulted in intolerable pain and sometimes scarring (due to burning).
- Since the advent of lasers, the CoolGlide Excel (ND:Yag) has been used for the treatment of unwanted small and large veins up to 4 mm in thickness and a few treatments may be required to achieve an acceptable level of improvement.
- In addition, venous insufficiency, varicosities and superficial spider veins can be drastically improved with a series of Carboxytherapy treatments. It has been scientifically proven that after 4 to 6 Carboxytherapy treatments for lymph drainage, the venous and lymphatic circulation to the affected area viz the limbs can be dramatically improved.
- Sclerotherapy using a sclerosant such as fibrovein successfully treats spider veins and larger veins more than 3mm in diameter.
We can offer you various laser treatment modalities for vein removal at Body Renewal:
- a laser treatment the CoolGlide Excel (ND:Yag Laser)
- Light based treatment the Acutip 500™ used to permanently reduce spider veins anywhere on the face or body.
- Diode laser with Radiofrequency (LV and LVA) with the E-Max laser
A highly professional team lead by a doctor assesses every patient and an appropriate combination treatment together with long term maintenance program is recommended. At Body Renewal we plan our treatments carefully to ensure the best cosmetic outcome. For maximum results please ensure that the clinic you choose for vein removal uses a Class 4 medical laser.Read More