Frequently Asked Questions
- 1What causes sexual dysfunction in women?
- 2How does Carboxytherapy for sexual dysfunction work?
- 3Is a consultation with a doctor necessary?
- 4What can one expect during a treatment with Carboxytherapy?
- 5How any treatments are necessary?
- 6Who are the treatments performed by?
- 7Are maintenance treatments necessary?
- 8What results can one expect?
- 9Is Carboxytherapy safe?
- 10Is Carboxytherapy for sexual rejuvenation available at all Body Renewal branches?
Often menopause brings with it the atrophy or degradation of the tissues around the perineum, as well as a loss of function, tissue turgor, sensation and the reduced response to stimulus.
This new treatment offered by Body Renewal uses Carboxytherapy for vaginal rejuvenation. Carboxytherapy uses 5 to 6 micro injections of carbon dioxide in the area to stimulate the tissues to grow new capillaries. This replenishes the blood supply, improves circulation to the area and thereby restores the function of the tissues and increases the amount of tissue in the treatment area. The effects of each treatment are accumulative.
A medical consultation with one of the Body Renewal doctors is essential to ensure a complete evaluation before any treatment is started.
Treatments are tolerated well and take around 5-10 minutes. Slight discomfort can be experienced with each injection, most patients describe the sensation as being warm and tingling in the treated area. Immediately after the treatment the area appears swollen, due to the CO2 gas, but will be resolved within 30 minutes. This is a lunchtime procedure and one can return to normal activity immediately after the treatment. The effects of each treatment are accumulative.
Depending on the severity of the problem, six to ten weekly treatments and then maintenance of once a month is recommended to maintain results.
This highly sensitive procedure is performed by one of the trained doctors at Skin Renewal. Treatments are well tolerated and take around 5 to 10 minutes to do. It is reported that four to six weekly treatments are all that the area needs to restore functionality (in very severe cases up to 10 treatments may be required).
Once the patient is satisfied with the result (usually after 6 to 10 treatments) a maintenance treatment once every 4 weeks is recommended to maintain results.
The following conditions may be improved with Carboxy treatments;
- Improved cosmetic appearance as tissue regains plumpness
- Improved vaginal tone and improved functionality of the area e.g.; lubrication due to increased circulation to the area.
- Less daily dryness and irritation due to improved circulation.
- Treated patients become less prone to thrush
- Improved sensation to the area with possible heightened orgasm and libido
- Improved urinary symptoms viz stress incontinence, urgency, effective voiding, improved PMS symptoms
- Less hot flushes due to increased localized oestrogen
Carboxytherapy started in France and has been widely used for over 70 years with no major side effects. Its aesthetic use is now common in places such as Europe and is now gaining popularity in South Africa. Skin Renewal is a leading provider of Carboxytherapy in South Africa. Skin Renewal offers well-priced, safe Carboxytherapy treatments administered by qualified and highly trained therapists and Doctors.
Yes, Carboxytherapy is available in Johannesburg at the Morningside, Parkhurst, Bedfordview,Fourways and Illovo clinics. In Pretoria at Irene and Brooklyn as well as in the Western Cape at Cape Quarter, Claremont, Constantia, Somerset West, Stellenbosch and Willowbridge branches and KwaZulu Natal in Hillcrest and Umhlanga.
2 Reviews (average: 5 out of 5)See all reviews
I have been coming for treatments with Liezl since 2009. I am always received at skin renewal with professionalism and smile. Liezl is very knowledgeable in her field and always knows what to recommend for my specific skin and body related issues. She has the ability to handle sensitive situations with great care and I always feel comfortable during my treatments. I have seen great improvement in my skin and body over the years. Please keep up the great work! I will be coming back for years to come.
First consultation with Dr very informative and she was so pleasant and approachable! Therapist who did vaginal rejuvenation made an embarrassing treatment so comfortable and we even had a good laugh. Therapist who did slimming treatments and facial peel was so friendly and sympathetic to the pain. Overall great service - now I hope for results!