Frequently Asked Questions
- 1At which Body Renewal clinics are the Titania treatments available?
- 2What are the indications for Titania on the body?
- 3Which areas are most commonly treated with the Titania?
- 4What does the Titania do and how does the treatment work?
- 5How many treatments are needed with the Titania?
- 6What can I expect to feel during the treatment?
- 7What are the contra-indications for having the Titania treatment?
The Titania treatments available in Johannesburg at the Morningside, Parkhurst, Bedfordview,Fourways and Illovo clinics. In Pretoria at Irene and Brooklyn as well as in the Western Cape at Cape Quarter, Claremont, Constantia, Somerset West, Stellenbosch and Willowbridge branches and KwaZulu Natal in Hillcrest and Umhlanga. It has the same effect as other radiofrequency treatments such as the Exilis Elite.
Titania successfully treats various body conditions which include:
- Reduction of flaccidity (flabbiness)
- Improvement of scars (stretch marks)
- Body contouring, firming and lifting (centimeter loss)
- Adipose tissue reduction (localized fatty deposits)
- Improvement of cellulite.
- Double Chin
- Upper Arms
- Bra Bulges
- Love Handles
- Thighs (outer and back)
- Medial knee
- Bum area
- Banana roll
- Breasts / Chests / Moobs
The Titania system uses Radio Frequency via both Monopolar & Multipolar methods (therefor different depths and tissues can be targeted). Monopolar is more superficial, where Multipolar probes offer a deeper penetration.
The Radio Frequency energy is delivered into the Dermis and when the current passes through the tissue, it produces slight friction which results in an intense temperature change therefore there is a collagen and elastin stimulation due to an activation of fibroblast cells.
The Radiofrequency produces a deep heating effect (hemodynamic response) in the dermis, this results in:
- Increased & acceleration of cell metabolism (this increased the energy consumption, thereby removing accumulated fat)
- Muscle relaxation
- Improved lymphatic drainage - inter-cellular toxin removal resulting in ultimate detoxification
- Improved blood circulation
- Increased oxygenation & nourishment of tissues
- Controlled thermal activity of fibroblasts - further strengthens the structure of collagen - rejuvenation of treated area.
- Collagen shrinkage and formation.
The main results of Titania radiofrequency treatments are thus skin & body rejuvenation, cellular strengthening and greater firmness of the treated tissue.
For the Body, you will need 8 to 12 treatments once or twice a week. Once the desired results are achieved maintenance will be needed as well, 1 treatment every 15 to 30 days.
Each session lasts between 20-40 minutes, depending on what area is being treated.
You will feel a gradual build-up of heat, our aim is to get between 40 - 43 degrees Celsius for collagen activation therefore at the end of the treatment your skin will feel hot to the touch and there will be Erythema/redness for about 30 minutes after treatment.
The treatment is not sore, and clients response indicate it is pleasant and comfortable.
- Pregnancy & breastfeeding
- Cancer or history of cancer
- Metal in or near the area to be treated
- Liver & Kidney diseases or impaired liver or kidney function
- Any autoimmune disorder
- Sensitive skin in area to be worked on
- Recent exposure to sun or sun beds
1 Reviews (average: 5 out of 5)See all reviews
My experience at Skin & Body Renewal Stellenbosch was very worthwhile and the results so far have been great! I will definitely return for more treatments and am looking forward to seeing the transformtion of my skin after Titania, which was a first for me and was very comfortable. Cryolipo fat freezing is working great on my tummy and the skin treatments are always very relaxing and professional. My therapist, Bernice, does an exceptional job!