Laser hair removal has come of age and is a fully developed procedure that can yield long-term permanent hair reduction of the face, back, bikini area, underarms, and legs.
Abnormal unwanted Hair also referred to as "Hirsutism" is a condition that is caused by elevated levels of male hormones. For some women, excess hair, especially on the face, is something which can be problematic and for some, very embarrassing. Excessive hair around the nipples, on the face (commonly around the chin, upper lip or as an extension of the hairline), and thick body hair on the torso (often an extension of the pubic hair line) or back, or "male-patterned" hair elsewhere on the body is considered to be abnormal hair growth for women, although it is extremely common. Once a diagnosis of hirsutism is made, there are various treatment options.
At Body Renewal we are committed to the latest technological innovations in this field and can now offer treatment for any skin type and hair colour excluding grey or white. We can offer you a number of treatment modalities: an ND Yag laser called the CoolGlide Excel or the pulsed light based treatment called the ProWave™ used to permanently reduce hair anywhere on the face or body. Some select Branches also have other specialised diode lasers, namely the Lightsheer and the E-Max.
As each patient's case is different; we will tailor a treatment program specifically for you and your circumstances. A highly professional team assesses every patient and an appropriate combination treatment together with long term maintenance program is recommended.
Body Renewal Tip:
For effective results:
- Please ensure that the clinic you choose for laser hair removal uses a Class 4 medical laser and not an entry level IPL device.
- To ensure effective hair removal results, it is imperative that the hair is present in the shaft (so no waxing or plucking) as the laser destroys the germ cell by heating the hair in the base of the hair follicle.
- To ensure quicker hair removal results, sun avoidance is crucial as the laser fluences will have to be lowered with less effective treatments if there is any evidence of previous sun exposure.
- The Nd :Yag Coolglide Excel can be safely used be used on African and Asian skin
- The E-Max can be safely used on all skin types
- Ingrown hairs can safely be treated in all skin types within 2 sessions using the NdYag Coolglide Excel