A Beta Hydroxy Peel is a superficial quick, no downtime procedure that renew the skin by lifting dead cells off the surface of your skin and stimulating metabolism of the cells underneath. With a series of Beta Hydroxy Peels you can quickly achieve substantial improvement in the appearance of superficial lines and uneven pigmentation, while making your skin look and feel softer, smoother, and more radiant. Acne scars and enlarged pores may become less noticeable, and acne breakouts may be reduced. At Skin Renewal we use the Lamelle range of beta hydroxy acid peels.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Many skin problems are associated with excessive build up of dead cells making the skin hardened and dull. Problems are exacerbated by exposure to the sun, pollution, and other environmental effects, leading to skin damage and disease.
- Mild exfoliation treatments are usually suitable for all skin types including those patients with acne or sensitive skin.
- All skin types can be treated
- All age groups even the very young can be treated
- All areas of the body can be treated
- Patients with hormonal pigmentation problems such as melasma
- Individuals who have sunspots, sun-damaged skin, dry, ageing skin, oily skin with enlarged pores and acne scarring are also good candidates.
- The skin is continually undergoing natural exfoliation. As one ages the epidermal cell turnover slows down and one's skin becomes dull because the topmost layer consisting of dead cells becomes too thick.
- This dead layer can challenge the skin causing whiteheads, blackheads, rough texture and uneven appearance of the skin tone.
- If one exfoliates regularly, new healthy skin cell are exposed to nutrients from the air, water and daily skin products.
- These nutrients are then transported to the deeper skin cells where they are needed, improving circulation.
- Potential benefits of Beta peels include fresher, brighter looking skin and
- Better penetration of active ingredients of skin care products.
After your initial consultation, you will be given a pigment inhibiting product which must be applied to the entire face daily for ten to 14 days before the peeling process can begin. This down regulates 6 enzyme pathways that produces melanin and will prevent the possibility of post inflammatory pigmentation PIH that can occur after any exfoliation procedure.
Properties and benefits of Luminesce:
- This wider inhibitory effect is an industry first, positioning the Luminesce range as one of the most innovative.
- Lamelle uses groundbreaking peptide technology (Oligopeptide 34) for treating pigmentation and has recently added 3 new peptides to the program which offers excellent results in combating epidermal age spots and post inflammatory hyper- pigmentation ( PIH).
- An added benefit is that the combination of peptides used in the range offers anti-ageing benefits to the skin as they stimulate collagen producing cells.
- Luminesce used twice daily for 8 weeks will reduce the appearance of age spots and is safe for use on all skin types unlike traditional skin lightening cosmeceutical products as well as prescription medications
- These traditional products try combating age spots with disappointing results or worse - cause hypersensitive skin, which in turn aggravates the pigmentation.
- Fine lines and wrinkles become less apparent
- Skin tone evens out
- Texture becomes more refined
- Oily or acne prone skin is improved
- Enlarged pores appear smaller
- Superficial scars appear reduced
- Skin appears healthier and more youthful
- Pigmentation is reduced in all skin types
- Usually the skin is normal immediately after a mild beta hydroxy peel and makeup may be applied after your session the skin immediately looks and feels noticeably smoother and tighter.
- Depending upon the strength of the beta hydroxy acid chemical peel, a mild redness of the skin and dryness may occur following the procedure followed by mild scaling that ends within three to seven days.
- Mild peels may be repeated at one to four-week intervals for a series of 6 peels until the desired clinical effect is achieved.
- With each additional treatment, you should see incremental gains in the overall appearance of the skin. Your skin usually feels tighter and smoother but may also feel a little sting or itch.
- You will care for your skin by using a mild non-abrasive cleanser or other mild products for five days as well as
- Protecting your new skin with adequate sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher with zinc oxide or titanium dioxide as an active ingredient.
- In addition, it is best to avoid prolonged sun exposure and ensure you wear protective sun hats when going outside.
Beta Hydroxy peels can be performed alone or in combination with numerous other treatments we offer at Skin Renewal. For maximal benefit, 4 to 6 in-office beta hydroxy peels every 2 - 4 weeks should be teamed with an anti ageing optional extra such as TCA to create an environment in which the skin is continuously rejuvenated. At Skin Renewal we pride ourselves on visible results. As an aesthetic clinic we offer anti ageing treatments and problem specific additives as an addition to our peels to ensure amazing results.
If you feel that your skin requires more intensive treatments please schedule an appointment with the aesthetic doctor to determine which medical aesthetic treatment should be prescribed.
Anti Ageing and problem specific optional extras after a Beta Hydroxy Peel are for:
- Acne using TCA overlays
- Anti Ageing using Growth Factors transdermal Mesotherapy
- Anti-oxidant using Transdermal Vit C
- Firming using transdermal DMAE, LIPOIC ACID and Silicium.
- Hydrating using transdermal mesotherapy with Hyaluronic Acid
- Hormonal Pigmentation using TCA overlays
- Microdermabrasion combinations
Yes, Beta Hydroxy Chemical Peel s safely treats all skin types without significant pain or down-time.
It can improve acne, texture, pores, pigmentation, and surface irregularities in only 4 to 6 treatment sessions two to four weeks apart.
If you are allergic to aspirin and related products, or are pregnant you may not be treated with a beta hydroxyacid peel.
1 Reviews (average: 5 out of 5)See all reviews
I have been coming to Skin Renewal Brooklyn for 7 months now and always find the branch and staff to be inviting and friendly. My therapist is amazing and takes great care with my treatments and her personal touch is just one of the many reasons I will continue to come back to skin Renewal Brooklyn.